We have now lived in our new home for 3 months and are nearly settled in. (We still have about 10% left of the boxes to unpack). Thought we'd share some recent pictures.
The front of our place



Good sized living room and kitchen. We love the hardwood floor and the rooms are so light filled! I did take these pics in the evening so it's a little dark. I love the big bright kitchen with windows. One of my wishes had been to have a window over the sink and here I have one plus the french doors. (We move the bike out onto the deck when we have guests over).

Our backyard. The previous owners had used landscaping stones in the yard and when we bought it, it was so bare! I have very much enjoyed planting flowers and found a new love for gardening. We've been able to add some color to the yard in the last couple months.



We also have a fire pit which we look forward to trying out. (That's more soil for planting behind it)

We had initially bought several hanging baskets of pentunias, but have discovered that our yard is much shadier then we initially thought and petunias love sun. At the local greenhouse, we were introduced to Fuschia, a shade loving hanging plant.
We are loving our new home and as I'm sitting here in the study overlooking the backyard, I'm watching oriols and goldfinches flit around the yard. It's very peaceful.
2 comments:
Yeah! I love the update :) and your new home. It is beautiful and it sounds like you all are really enjoying it. Wish we could pop over for a visit. :)
Love to you all!
Sally
What a cool looking place... and a river too!
--Patrick
Post a Comment