Monday, September 6, 2010

Camping on the Saco

We recently spent a long weekend camping on the Saco river in Maine. The river was just on the other of the bank at our site and Ehren enjoyed watching the sunrise over the water in the morning (while I was sleeping in:) )
We took a 5 mile paddle down the river and enjoyed floating along and watching the wildlife.
(Sorry about the confusing layout of the pics, it arranged itself differently once posted!


















































































On the last day before we left, Ehren hiked a small mountain in the same town. As it was 90 and I was low energy from being sick, I stayed at the foot and read. He had some nice views, was able to see the Whites across the border in NH.




















































We enjoyed our relaxing weekend on the water. We hope next summer to take a several day trip kayaking down the river as there are sandy banks that people can camp on overnight.

Our river at home, which we haven't kayaked on yet... but we will



No comments: